There are hundreds of archery tournaments that take place each year and all are welcome, including non-members of the National Federation (a temporary membership fee is applicable).
Clubs organise fun events while the Provincial Archery structures run tournaments. You can enjoy our sport both indoors and outdoors. The World Archery Federation and the SA National Archery Association sanction certain events which are listed here. Please check with the clubs for local and non-sanctioned events. The sanctioned tournaments adhere to strict rules and regulations and allow our members to earn various national and international awards.
All sanctioned tournaments are taken into account for team selection and the national rankings. Always check with the organisers the format, dates and times of events. As the information provided here is supplied by the Provincial Archery Associations, SANAA cannot be held responsible for changes. Where changes are made to sanctioned tournaments, members are advised by email.
Whenever a change is made to the official calendar, your calendar will be updated.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- On the left side, find “Other calendars” and click the down arrow .
- Select Add by URL.
- Enter https://admin.sanaa.org.za/sanaa_federation/calendar/RSAarchery.ics in the field provided.
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under “Other calendars.”
- In Outlook.com, go to your calendar.
- Click Import.
- Click Subscribe.
- In the Calendar URL box, type or copy-and-paste http://sanaa.org.za/sanaa_federation/calendar/RSAarchery.ics
- Enter a name for the calendar and choose a color.
- If you like, select a charm that will appear in every day that new events occur.
- Click Subscribe.
- Click on File
- Click on New Calendar Subscription
- In the Calendar URL box, type or copy-and-paste https://admin.sanaa.org.za/sanaa_federation/calendar/RSAarchery.ics
- Click on Subscribe
- You can name the calendar, give it a colour and tell it when to refresh
The entry fee for all tournaments are decided by the organising committee of that event. All members of the National Federation may participate in a sanctioned event. However non-members are subject to a temporary membership fee, valid for the duration of the tournament, of R50 (Fifty Rand : April 2008) which must be collected by the tournament organisers and submitted, along with a name list to the SANAA Treasurer within 14 days of the event taking place.